This check list was discussed during the June 26, 2020 Coordinators call.
This is an attempt to streamline and add to the detailed information at the page CDI Collaboration Areas - more detailed information
Some of the content linked on this page is yet to be created or linked.
Review Collaboration Area info in the CDI Wiki (overview link)
- CDI Facilitators and roles (link) - know who to contact in the CDI if you have a question
- Resources available to you for communicating about your group (on this page)
- The variety of collaboration area formats and their goals
- The ongoing and annual information that will be provided to group leads, and a link to previous CDI annual reports that share your group’s activities.
Fill out a “New group template” for starting a new collaboration area
- points of contact
- brief description
- type of group (informally) (see figure Cassandra shared)
- Gartner Community of Practice Canvas questions which include:
- What is the overall purpose?
- What is the driving purpose?
- Who should join?
- How best can the membership collaborate?
- How will members benefit from joining this community?
- What USGS/Earth Science needs are being addressed?
- If applicable, the recurring monthly meeting slot
Spreadsheet here for Dept of Int access.
Build your wiki page
- See the wiki page that provides info on
- A suggested template TBD (for now please browse pages linked to the Collaboration Area page, for example the Fire Science page)
- Information on how to restrict content to certain users and what info is appropriate for making public (TBD, talk to Leslie)
- Tell the CDI Facilitators when you are ready to launch your group!
- Maintain calendar events (link to info)
- Maintain group space (wiki) info and attachments – this will help the facilitators prepare the annual report
- Optional: Provide slides for Group Announcements for CDI monthly meetings and participate in the Monthly Meetings
- Optional: Attend the biweekly CDI Coordinators call where group leads share:
- Lessons for other groups
- Questions for other groups
- Optional: Keep your group informed of broader CDI activities such as the Request for Proposals, collaboration area blog posts, etc.
- If applicable: Stay in touch with the CDI Facilitators (Leslie, Amanda, Grace) if you think your group needs a change of leadership or status
(around October 1, the start of the fiscal year)
- Help the CDI gather info on its annual activities:
- Make sure your meeting list is correct on the wiki
- Review (or help write) the annual summary
- Reply to annual check-in email information
- Let the CDI team know if your group has additional needs
- Consider sunsetting if relevant